What happens when you combine The Shawshank Redemption (one of the best, most watchable films of all time) with Smash Mouth‘s All Star? You get what I would argue is the undeniably best video/audio mashup ever. Behold the brilliance of Filmdrunk.com‘s Vince Mancini and Bobby Hacker. Enjoy!
The Shawshank Redemption Ultramix Vol. 1:
The official teaser trailer for Wally Pfister‘s feature directorial debut, Transcendence, has arrived and it looks like it’s got the makings of a modern sci-fi classic. The film stars Johnny Depp, Rebecca Hall, Paul Bettany, Cillian Murphy, Kate Mara, Morgan Freeman, Clifton Collins Jr. and Cole Hauser. Transcendence hits theaters April 18, 2014. Enjoy!
Transcendence Official Teaser Trailer (HD) Johnny Depp:
Dr. Will Caster (Johnny Depp) is the foremost researcher in the field of Artificial Intelligence, working to create a sentient machine that combines the collective intelligence of everything ever known with the full range of human emotions. His highly controversial experiments have made him famous, but they have also made him the prime target of anti-technology extremists who will do whatever it takes to stop him. However, in their attempt to destroy Will, they inadvertently become the catalyst for him to succeed—to be a participant in his own transcendence. For his wife Evelyn (Rebecca Hall) and best friend Max Waters (Paul Bettany), both fellow researchers, the question is not if they can…but if they should. Their worst fears are realized as Will’s thirst for knowledge evolves into a seemingly omnipresent quest for power, to what end is unknown. The only thing that is becoming terrifyingly clear is there may be no way to stop him.
Johnny Depps Goes Lawn Mower Man Up In This Bitch In The Teaser Trailer For Wally Pfister’s Debut Film, Transcendence!
Even being a hardcore Batman fan, there are always still some Dark Knight details to learn and this is a prime example. In this interview for a series on the artworks from Tate Britain‘s collection, Christopher Nolan explains the influence Francis Bacon‘s paintings had on creation of the look for Heath Ledger‘s modern, real-world style Joker in The Dark Knight. Enjoy!
Film meets Art – Chris Nolan inspired by Francis Bacon:
Christopher Nolan reveals how paintings by Francis Bacon inspired the Joker’s smeared make-up in ‘The Dark Knight’. Nolan talks about his longstanding fascination for Bacon’s work, and why, when words fail him, he turns to art to help shape his creative vision.
Ladies and gentlemen, The Dark Knight Trilogy Ultimate Collectors Edition Blu-Ray Box Set has been officially announced. And it is badass. Take a look for yourself. Enjoy.
Warner Bros. The ‘Dark Knight’ Trilogy Ultimate Collectors Edition Blu-ray Box Set Press Release:
Christopher Nolan’s reimagining of the Batman franchise beginning with 2005’s Batman Beginsenjoyed phenomenal critical and box-office success.
Now on September 24, Nolan’s three Batman films – Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises – will be released by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment as The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector’s Edition. The six-disc set will feature all three films with their existing extra content, two new featurettes and exclusive new collectible memorabilia. This must-own collection for fans of DC Comics’ Caped Crusader is available in premium packaging and will sell for $99.97 SRP
About the Ultimate Collector’s Edition (UCE):
- Disc 1 – Batman Begins Feature and Special Features
- Disc 2 – The Dark Knight Feature
- Disc 3 – The Dark Knight Special Features
- Disc 4 – The Dark Knight Rises Feature
- Disc 5 – The Dark Knight Rises Special Features
- Disc 6 – Bonus Disc of New Special Features (details follow)
NEW Special Features:
- The Fire Rises: The Creation and Impact of The Dark Knight Trilogy – The inside perspective on the fascinating story behind the creation of one of the most celebrated franchises and how it changed the scope of movie making….forever. Full of never-before-seen footage, rare moments, and exclusive interviews with Guillermo Del Toro, Damon Lindelof, Michael Mann, Richard Roeper, Zack Snyder and others.
- Christopher Nolan & Richard Donner: A Conversation – For the first time, Directors Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy) and Richard Donner (Superman) sit down to discuss the trials and triumphs involved in bringing the two most iconic superheroes of all time to the big screen, and how Superman influenced Nolan when developing Batman Begins.
- IMAX® Sequences: The Dark Knight; The Dark Knight Rises – See your favorite scenes as they were intended in the original IMAX© aspect ratio
Exclusive NEW Memorabilia:
- Premium Mattel Hot Wheels Vehicles: Batmobile, Batpod and Tumbler
- Newly commissioned collectible art cards by Mondo featuring Scarecrow, Joker, Bane, Harvey Dent, and Ra’s al Ghul
- 48-page hardcover book featuring production stills and behind the scenes images from all three movies
Here is the trailer for The LEGO® Movie, the first-ever, full-length theatrical LEGO® adventure, directed by 21 Jump Street directors Phil Lord & Christopher Miller. It stars the hilariously badass vocal talents of Chris Pratt, Will Ferrell, Elizabeth Banks, Will Arnett, Nick Offerman, Alison Brie, Liam Neeson and Morgan Freeman. It hits theaters February 7, 2014. Till then, enjoy!
The LEGO® Movie – Official Teaser Trailer [HD]:
The original 3D computer animated story follows Emmet, an ordinary, rules-following, perfectly average LEGO minifigure who is mistakenly identified as the most extraordinary person and the key to saving the world. He is drafted into a fellowship of strangers on an epic quest to stop an evil tyrant, a journey for which Emmet is hopelessly and hilariously underprepared.
The Dark Knight Trilogy In 3 Minutes:
To do justice to this almost seven hour long trilogy in only three minutes, we chose to focus on the story of Gotham City – especially since many viewers consider Gotham to be the “true” main character in Nolan’s films. It’s fall from glory spawned a man determined to help restore it and, in the end, he does just that, but not without some bumps along the way. If you can call Ra’s and Talia Al Ghul, The Scarecrow, The Joker, Two Face, Bane and Catwoman just “bumps.”
Like Bruce, Gotham needed to learn to pick itself up. Their stories run parallel. Love or hate the ending to Nolan’s Batman universe, he “changed things… forever,” to quote Heath Ledger’s iconic Joker. This video is a tribute to the first definitive Batman trilogy ever. Here’s hoping The Dark Knight’s legacy on film is put in as capable hands in the future.
I love Batman and I really love Christopher Nolan‘s Batman Trilogy. With that being said, here is everything that’s wrong with The Dark Knight Rises in 3 minutes or less. Enjoy.
Everything Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises In 3 Minutes Or Less:
For all its popularity and massive box office earnings, The Dark Knight Rises is still a film with many sins. We’ve listed them for you.