Even being a hardcore Batman fan, there are always still some Dark Knight details to learn and this is a prime example. In this interview for a series on the artworks from Tate Britain‘s collection, Christopher Nolan explains the influence Francis Bacon‘s paintings had on creation of the look for Heath Ledger‘s modern, real-world style Joker in The Dark Knight. Enjoy!
Film meets Art – Chris Nolan inspired by Francis Bacon:
Christopher Nolan reveals how paintings by Francis Bacon inspired the Joker’s smeared make-up in ‘The Dark Knight’. Nolan talks about his longstanding fascination for Bacon’s work, and why, when words fail him, he turns to art to help shape his creative vision.
Learn just how badass it is to work for director Edgar Wright in this second featurette for The World’s End, starring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. Enjoy.
The World’s End – Behind The Scenes Featurette (Simon Pegg, Edgar Wright):
Ladies and gentlemen, The Dark Knight Trilogy Ultimate Collectors Edition Blu-Ray Box Set has been officially announced. And it is badass. Take a look for yourself. Enjoy.
Warner Bros. The ‘Dark Knight’ Trilogy Ultimate Collectors Edition Blu-ray Box Set Press Release:
Christopher Nolan’s reimagining of the Batman franchise beginning with 2005’s Batman Beginsenjoyed phenomenal critical and box-office success.
Now on September 24, Nolan’s three Batman films – Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises – will be released by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment as The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector’s Edition. The six-disc set will feature all three films with their existing extra content, two new featurettes and exclusive new collectible memorabilia. This must-own collection for fans of DC Comics’ Caped Crusader is available in premium packaging and will sell for $99.97 SRP
About the Ultimate Collector’s Edition (UCE):
- Disc 1 – Batman Begins Feature and Special Features
- Disc 2 – The Dark Knight Feature
- Disc 3 – The Dark Knight Special Features
- Disc 4 – The Dark Knight Rises Feature
- Disc 5 – The Dark Knight Rises Special Features
- Disc 6 – Bonus Disc of New Special Features (details follow)
NEW Special Features:
- The Fire Rises: The Creation and Impact of The Dark Knight Trilogy – The inside perspective on the fascinating story behind the creation of one of the most celebrated franchises and how it changed the scope of movie making….forever. Full of never-before-seen footage, rare moments, and exclusive interviews with Guillermo Del Toro, Damon Lindelof, Michael Mann, Richard Roeper, Zack Snyder and others.
- Christopher Nolan & Richard Donner: A Conversation – For the first time, Directors Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy) and Richard Donner (Superman) sit down to discuss the trials and triumphs involved in bringing the two most iconic superheroes of all time to the big screen, and how Superman influenced Nolan when developing Batman Begins.
- IMAX® Sequences: The Dark Knight; The Dark Knight Rises – See your favorite scenes as they were intended in the original IMAX© aspect ratio
Exclusive NEW Memorabilia:
- Premium Mattel Hot Wheels Vehicles: Batmobile, Batpod and Tumbler
- Newly commissioned collectible art cards by Mondo featuring Scarecrow, Joker, Bane, Harvey Dent, and Ra’s al Ghul
- 48-page hardcover book featuring production stills and behind the scenes images from all three movies
Learn the true origin of the Three Flavours Cornetto Trilogy in this first featurette for Edgar Wright‘s The World’s End, starring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. Enjoy.
The World’s End – The Three Flavours Cornetto Trilogy:
Want anything from the shop? The cast and crew discuss the origin of the Cornetto trilogy, how the three movies relate, and what to expect from The World’s End.
The Dark Knight Trilogy In 3 Minutes:
To do justice to this almost seven hour long trilogy in only three minutes, we chose to focus on the story of Gotham City – especially since many viewers consider Gotham to be the “true” main character in Nolan’s films. It’s fall from glory spawned a man determined to help restore it and, in the end, he does just that, but not without some bumps along the way. If you can call Ra’s and Talia Al Ghul, The Scarecrow, The Joker, Two Face, Bane and Catwoman just “bumps.”
Like Bruce, Gotham needed to learn to pick itself up. Their stories run parallel. Love or hate the ending to Nolan’s Batman universe, he “changed things… forever,” to quote Heath Ledger’s iconic Joker. This video is a tribute to the first definitive Batman trilogy ever. Here’s hoping The Dark Knight’s legacy on film is put in as capable hands in the future.
I love Batman and I really love Christopher Nolan‘s Batman Trilogy. With that being said, here is everything that’s wrong with The Dark Knight Rises in 3 minutes or less. Enjoy.
Everything Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises In 3 Minutes Or Less:
For all its popularity and massive box office earnings, The Dark Knight Rises is still a film with many sins. We’ve listed them for you.
Check out this Lego version of the third trailer for The Dark Knight Rises. Enjoy.
The Dark Knight Rises Trailer 3: IN LEGO:
Like on Rebrick